Jim Foxall lives in South-West London and started his consultancy, Ringshall Resources, in 2010 after retiring from a 35-year international business career.
"The aims of Ringshall Resources are to assist our clients in developing an improvement in business results, especially in the area of UK and overseas sales."
During his career, Jim Foxall was a hands-on BUSINESS LEADER with strong bottom-line focus. Strategic, operating and financial bias was gained through both business re-structuring and building new companies. Considerable international experience where an ability to create opportunities in challenging environments has been demonstrated.
Ringshall Resources’ current clients range from small owner-operated businesses to large international companies; from IT to construction, engineering, farming and environmental sectors, including both private and public sectors (eg. NHS). Our main focus of input includes negotiation guidance, entering new markets, business planning, fundraising, team management etc.
Following a 32 year corporate career, with 22 years in MD roles Jim has established Ringshall Resources to use his skills, experience and interests to support small and medium enterprises in the following areas:
- Guidance to company owners and directors
- Strategic goal-setting and delivery
- Business plans, company start-ups and angel investment
- Launching products and new market entry
- Structuring fund-raising programmes
- Guiding and coaching senior people
- International Business: USA, Canada, Far East, Australia, Central Europe, and North Africa.
Please find below a snapshot of Jim’s business experience over the last 20+ years:
Managing Director (2003 – 2009)
Zip Heaters is a fast-growing UK business, with sales of £18 mill and 80 employees in 2010, part of an Australian based group specialising in electric boiling water heaters for office, workplace and domestic drink making. The company has 15 product lines and operates from Norfolk and London. During Jim’s 6 years as MD, the UK business doubled, modernised and embraced change with the successful launch of new products and steady investment in marketing, sales, after-sales service and support operations. The company is now able to offer to supply, install, maintain and finance packages to end-users as well as sell through traditional distribution trade channels.
Beck & Pollitzer Engineering Ltd
Managing Director (1998 – 2003)
Beck & Pollitzer Engineering is now a European leader in the defined niche sector of plant and machinery relocation and installation. Led a buy-in with venture capital support and managed profit increase and development of the business over 5 years, successfully achieving business growth and modernisation objectives within three years.
- Accelerated growth of profit and net worth.
- Expanded operating activity in the UK and into Europe.
- Sales increased from £28m to £44m at the 2002 peak.
- Operating profits increased from £2.7m to £4.0m in the same period.
- Established an extensive European network and made it profitable within 3 – 4 years, including new operations in France, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary.
Executive Director, International Development (1995 – 1997)
Senior Vice President, West Region (1990 – 1995)
GKN Kwikform Ltd
Managing Director (1987- 1990)
The University of Aston in Birmingham
M.B.A. Graduated first in class (1975 – 1976)
Bachelor of Arts in English (1968 – 1971)